Click on a file to download.
Laparoscopic surgery is not a new technique in the field of surgery anymore of surgery now.
Sukh Sagar Hospital is 18yrs old but the surgeons of this hospital have been performing laparoscopic surgeries at Nagpal Nursing Home since 1996. In fact, the team of surgeons at Sukh Sagar Hospital have been the pioneers in the city in this regard. All types of major and minor surgeries are now done laparoscopically in this hospital.
ADVANTAGES OF LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY
1) One of the safest techniques
2) No need of large incisions.
3) Only Small multiple holes are required for most surgeries.
4) Minimal blood loss
5) Cosmetically acceptable - No scars or very small scars are visible.
6) Bed rest not required .
7) Usually the patients are discharged the following day
8) The patient is able to walk and perform chores within 3-4 days.
10) Minimal post operative complications
A common misconception is the high cost involved. If one considers early discharge, early ambulation, and minimal complications, the overall economic burden of laparoscopic surgery is in fact lower than conventional surgery.
We hope you never have to undergo a surgery, but if at any stage, you need one, ask your doctor if it can be done laparoscopically.